Outrigger Style Sunshades
- Pre-engineered options for integration into 250 and 250xpt series curtain walls as well as 2450 series flush glazed storefront.
- Curtain wall system options with 26”, 31”, and 36” outriggers.
- Storefront system options with 26” and 31” deep outriggers.
- Pre-engineered for combined wind, snow, and dead loads with easy to read charts.
- Multiple combinations of standard blades, outriggers, and fascias.
- Simple and fast screw spline assembly of outriggers and louver blades.
- Multiple anodized and painted finishes available.
- Possible qualification for LEED Certification criteria.
- Custom configurations are possible. Consult Manko for more information.
other commonly occupied areas to eliminate the risk of injury due to falling ice or snow
Standard Pre-Engineered* Sizes and Configurations
Standard Component Options
components are available. Consult Manko for more information.
250 Series Curtain Wall
2478 Series Storefront Options
Shown with 26” square outrigger, square blade, and square fascia.
Effect of Outriggers Size and Louver Blades on Shading
Proper consideration of these features can lead to significant increase in energy savings and occupant comfort.
Austin, TX: 30° North
Dallas, TX: 33° North
Wichita Falls, TX: 34° North
Oklahoma City, OK: 35° North
Stillwater, OK: 36° North
Wichita, KS: 38° North
St. Louis, MO: 39° North
Topeka, KS: 39° North
Denver, CO: 40° North
Omaha, NE: 41° North
Cedar Rapids, IA: 42° North
Milwaukee, WI: 43° North
Minneapolis, MN: 45° North
Fargo, ND: 47° North
MAXIMUM SPAN AND LOADING CAPACITY OF STANDARD PRE-ENGINEERED SUNSHADE CONFIGURATIONS
Calculated values are based on Allowable Stress Design (ASD) or allowable deflection of L/120.
Charts only represent load capacity of outriggers and sunshade blades. Framing members and frame anchors must be validated separately from these charts.
- Charts are valid for 18601 (round), 18602 (airfoil), 18603 (square), and 18604 (wave) style louver blades.
- These charts represent standardized pre-engineered configurations. It may be possible to exceed limits shown, but these circumstances must be engineered on a job specific basis. Contact Manko for more details and information.
- Customization of standard systems are possible. Contact Manko for more details and information.
- Custom outriggers and louver blades are possible. Contact Manko for more details and information.